A BRITISH couple are facing child abuse charges after their two-and-a-half-month-old baby suffered a fractured skull during a holiday in Marbella.
The infant was rushed to the Costa del Sol Hospital with her parents who claimed she had been hit by a football on the beach.
But hospital staff alerted police amid suspicions the injuries could have been inflicted by her parents.
The couple, who have not been named but who also have a two-year-old son, were arrested the same day but deny the allegations.
While the investigation is yet to find any evidence of abuse, the couple have been held as a ‘precautionary measure’, according to a spokesman for the Andalucian High Court.
The baby is said to be in a stable condition after been transferred to a specialist children’s ward at the Carlos Haya Hospital in Malaga.
The High Court has also stated that the guardianship of both children will now be allocated to their grandparents.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36