A TV series featuring some of the world’s biggest holiday scams has revealed the tricks used by pickpockets in Spain.
Scam City, currently showing on the National Geographic Channel, sent presenter Conor Woodman undercover in Barcelona to see how the gangs operate.
Last year, more than 100,000 thefts were reported in the city, with crowded places such as the Metro and the Ramblas among the areas where pickpockets are most active.
“Their skill levels are incredibly high – undoing a bag zip while climbing a flight of stairs is no problem to them,” said Woodman.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02