EXPAT homeowners have featured in a special edition of a popular ITV programme, filmed in Spain.
May The Best House Win – Viva Espana, saw the owners of four properties in Malaga give each others’ homes a rating out of 10, with the winner claiming a €1,000 prize.
Lynn Murphy, a retired legal secretary from Hampton Court, London was among the contestants, showing off her circular home in the hills of Los Nunez.
Murphy, 71, who applied to the show after reading an Olive Press article about it, said:
“It was an absolutely brilliant experience and a lovely way to meet people.”
The show also featured Dr Juan Fernandez’s villa in El Palo, the rural retreat of Magi Morris and Scottish businessman Rob McDonagh’s property in Competa.
Although McDonagh’s hideaway came out on top, Murphy said the four have remained good friends, adding: “We even watched the first screening together at my house.”
The show has also filmed episodes in Marbella, Almeria, the Pyrenees. May The Best House Win airs weekdays at 5.00pm (Spanish time) on ITV1.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36