FLAMENCO star Estrella Morente is the face behind a campaign which hopes to collect 150 tons of food in Malaga alone this weekend.
The singer will be joining thousands of volunteers coordinating food donations for the needy.
Morente will personally attend the collections in El Corte Ingles and Coviran stores in Granada, her home town, to show her support for the campaign.
“For me it is a dream to be part of something as important as helping others,” she said.
“We are living through humbling times, where people need to stick together, because unity is strength.”
The Malaga and Granada handouts are part of the Gran Recogida, a nationwide campaign to collect food on Friday (November 30) and Saturday (December 1).
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10