A DANGEROUS paedophile who fled his home in the middle of the night has been spotted in Velez-Malaga.
Expat Lesley Wilton, says she saw convicted sex offender, Robert Edward Bill, in the town where he is alleged to have tried to abduct a 12-year-old girl on November 19.
The sighting on December 3 is one of a handful of leads police are currently chasing.
Spanish National Police, who have issued a warrant for his arrest, say they still have no information about his whereabouts and have urged anyone with information to come forward.
The expat, who has been living in Competa since August, worked for El Pino Properties in Torrox Park, and was known by the name of Bob.
The 58-year-old fled in the middle of the night a few weeks ago, leaving behind a shocked expat community which had got to know him during his time in Spain.
The 12-year-old victim, who cannot be named for legal reasons, has since spoken out on Spanish TV channel, Antena 3, about her terrifying ordeal.
She said: “I was on my own and I walked by the side of the car that had just parked.
“The driver grabbed me violently and pushed me into the car.
“I was very scared.
“When he got into the car as well I realised that the door handle could be opened and I could get out.
“I pulled the door handle and ran out crying.”
The incident took place in front of the court building in Velez-Malaga.
- Junta de Andalucia accused of human rights abuses - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 15:07
- Mammoth wasp nest found in abandoned property - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 14:58
- Shamed Spanish councillor goes topless - 21 Apr, 2013 @ 11:49
- See you later alligator! - 19 Apr, 2013 @ 11:20
- Not on our doorsteps! - 14 Apr, 2013 @ 10:32
- ‘Help us access our homes’, plead pensioners - 13 Apr, 2013 @ 10:57
- Lanzarote child abduction: Man arrested - 12 Apr, 2013 @ 13:41
- Big cats are back - 11 Apr, 2013 @ 17:27
- March sees worst rainfall in 60 years in Andalucia - 31 Mar, 2013 @ 09:01
- Feared and celebrated bull in Spain has died - 30 Mar, 2013 @ 08:50