SPANISH energy giant Endesa is to test two prototype electric cars provided by vehicle manufacturer SEAT.
In the year-long trial, Endesa employees will drive a minimum number of kilometres each day in order to collect performance data to be analysed before the cars go into full production.
The pilot scheme, in Cataluna, will use an all-electric Altea XL Electric Ecomotive and a plug-in hybrid Leon TwinDrive.
The TwinDrive has a range of 52km and can travel at 120km/h when in electric mode, while the Altea has a Smartphone app allowing the driver to recharge the battery.
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33