A CHARITY worker who had been missing for several weeks has been found dead.
Richard Sturman, 82, described as ‘frail’, was found dead in the San Julian area of Malaga after a police appeal to find him.
The pensioner, who had been a volunteer at the cancer charity Cudeca for 17 years, had not been seen since he left the Cudeca Hospice in Benalmadena on January 15.
Mr Sturman, who lived in Torremolinos, is believed to have fallen down a bank at the side of the main road and hit his head.
A colleague who worked at Cudeca with Mr Sturman described him as a ‘wonderful man’ who cared about other people.
- Junta de Andalucia accused of human rights abuses - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 15:07
- Mammoth wasp nest found in abandoned property - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 14:58
- Shamed Spanish councillor goes topless - 21 Apr, 2013 @ 11:49
- See you later alligator! - 19 Apr, 2013 @ 11:20
- Not on our doorsteps! - 14 Apr, 2013 @ 10:32
- ‘Help us access our homes’, plead pensioners - 13 Apr, 2013 @ 10:57
- Lanzarote child abduction: Man arrested - 12 Apr, 2013 @ 13:41
- Big cats are back - 11 Apr, 2013 @ 17:27
- March sees worst rainfall in 60 years in Andalucia - 31 Mar, 2013 @ 09:01
- Feared and celebrated bull in Spain has died - 30 Mar, 2013 @ 08:50