PLANS to build three new health centres on the Costa del Sol have been scrapped due to lack of funding.
The completion dates for work on the Ronda hospital and improvement works to the Costa del Sol hospital in Marbella have also been put on hold.
The cut backs are due to huge savings being made by the Junta.
The CHARE (high resolution hospital) centres would have been built in Torremolinos, Mijas and Estepona.
The CHARE centre in Mijas would have cared for an estimated 25,000 people while the one in Estepona, which should have been built five years ago, would have dealt with up to 100,000 patients.
The out-patient centre planned for Torremolinos would have provided health care for up to 150,000 people living in the town as well as Alhaurin de la Torre, Churriana and Puerto Blanca.
- Junta de Andalucia accused of human rights abuses - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 15:07
- Mammoth wasp nest found in abandoned property - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 14:58
- Shamed Spanish councillor goes topless - 21 Apr, 2013 @ 11:49
- See you later alligator! - 19 Apr, 2013 @ 11:20
- Not on our doorsteps! - 14 Apr, 2013 @ 10:32
- ‘Help us access our homes’, plead pensioners - 13 Apr, 2013 @ 10:57
- Lanzarote child abduction: Man arrested - 12 Apr, 2013 @ 13:41
- Big cats are back - 11 Apr, 2013 @ 17:27
- March sees worst rainfall in 60 years in Andalucia - 31 Mar, 2013 @ 09:01
- Feared and celebrated bull in Spain has died - 30 Mar, 2013 @ 08:50