THE young rugby players of Andalucia under-18s have been crowned champions of Spain for the second year in a row.
The team travelled to Madrid to defend their national title against a ‘very strong and well organised Cataluna’.
In an incredibly close start, the teams finished the first half 8-8 with a try from Marbella star Jack Davies.
The second half saw Andalucia open up the game with tries from fellow Marbella players Facundo Munilla, Christian King and Pablo Miejimolle to finish up 27-20.
“This was an important match for Marbella rugby club as 12 of the starting 15 players are from the club. It again shows the depth of talent produced by Marbella each year,” said Marbella Rugby Club director David King.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36