MOTORISTS had a lucky escape as a huge rock fall blocked the A397 linking Ronda and the Costa del Sol.
Traffic came to a standstill as massive boulders tumbled across the road.
The rock fall comes after several days of rain with yellow warnings for more heavy rain forecast over the next three days.
The A397 is one of the major accident black spots in Malaga province.
The mayors of both Ronda and Marbella have recently called for action to improve safety on the dangerous mountain road after two off-duty Royal Gibraltar Police officers were killed in a motorbike accident.
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33