HARD-WORKING volunteers from the Cudeca charity and staff from Talk Radio Europe have thanked radio listeners for their generosity after already stumping up €3,125 in the first few hours of their annual telethon.
More than a hundred prizes and once in a lifetime experiences are up for grabs in the telethon which is taking place until 6pm today.
The event is raising money for the only hospice on the Costa del Sol who cares for people with life-limiting illnesses.
Hannah Murray, Talk Radio Europe presenter said: “People have been so generous and all the time have been bought in wine and biscuits.
“We’ve had some very talented performers and musicians from a number of schools here making sure it really is a day to remember.
“There’s a wonderful atmosphere, the phone lines have been manic all day.”
Anyone wanting to make a donation to this very worthy cause can call the dedicated phone line on 902 444 461 or 952 799 953 or visit the website www.tretelethon.com.
For more information visit:
- Junta de Andalucia accused of human rights abuses - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 15:07
- Mammoth wasp nest found in abandoned property - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 14:58
- Shamed Spanish councillor goes topless - 21 Apr, 2013 @ 11:49
- See you later alligator! - 19 Apr, 2013 @ 11:20
- Not on our doorsteps! - 14 Apr, 2013 @ 10:32
- ‘Help us access our homes’, plead pensioners - 13 Apr, 2013 @ 10:57
- Lanzarote child abduction: Man arrested - 12 Apr, 2013 @ 13:41
- Big cats are back - 11 Apr, 2013 @ 17:27
- March sees worst rainfall in 60 years in Andalucia - 31 Mar, 2013 @ 09:01
- Feared and celebrated bull in Spain has died - 30 Mar, 2013 @ 08:50