TWO people have died after a dinghy carrying illegal immigrants capsized in the Strait of Gibraltar.
Two others remain missing after the incident.
A maritime rescue spokesman said: “Spanish rescuers located three of the five migrants who were on board the dinghy, one of whom had died, about five nautical miles from Tangier, Morocco.
“The two survivors were suffering from severe hypothermia and were taken to Tarifa in southern Spain.”
Attempts by Africans to reach the Spanish coast on makeshift boats and illegally enter Europe happen frequently and have increased in the past few months.
Last October, at least 16 illegal migrants were found dead trying to reach Spain from Morocco.
- Junta de Andalucia accused of human rights abuses - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 15:07
- Mammoth wasp nest found in abandoned property - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 14:58
- Shamed Spanish councillor goes topless - 21 Apr, 2013 @ 11:49
- See you later alligator! - 19 Apr, 2013 @ 11:20
- Not on our doorsteps! - 14 Apr, 2013 @ 10:32
- ‘Help us access our homes’, plead pensioners - 13 Apr, 2013 @ 10:57
- Lanzarote child abduction: Man arrested - 12 Apr, 2013 @ 13:41
- Big cats are back - 11 Apr, 2013 @ 17:27
- March sees worst rainfall in 60 years in Andalucia - 31 Mar, 2013 @ 09:01
- Feared and celebrated bull in Spain has died - 30 Mar, 2013 @ 08:50