ANDALUCIA is about to become a world leader in green energy with the construction of a new facility that will use microalgae to reduce emissions.
But the Co2Algaefix project, in Arcos de la Frontera, will not just be a boon for the environment… it will also produce raw materials for the cosmetics sector.
The amazing new style of reactor being built by Iberdrola will be more efficient and productive than conventional open reactors.
It will be a milestone at world level for both its dimensional characteristics as well as being able to test the capacity of the process to mitigate greenhouse gas emissions.
And best of all it will produce high value products such as biogas, fertizilers, animal feed and even raw materials for the cosmetics sectors.
The project, which is the only one of its type in the world, is expected to reduce Spain’s annual emission of carbon dioxide by 200 tonnes, or the equivalent of what would be absorbed by 34,000 trees.
- EXCLUSIVE: Family found dead in Mijas were killed ‘up to two days apart’ - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 23:13
- Costa del Sol journalist faces new sex charges - 26 Jun, 2013 @ 11:00
- Messi in tax mess - 26 Jun, 2013 @ 09:00
- Millions of moths descend on Madrid - 25 Jun, 2013 @ 09:30
- Newborn baby rescued from drain in Alicante - 24 Jun, 2013 @ 13:59
- ‘Syria jihadist suspects’ arrested in Ceuta - 21 Jun, 2013 @ 10:32
- Spanish economy making ‘strong progress’ - 20 Jun, 2013 @ 13:15
- VIDEO: Man tackles runaway bull on Malaga street - 19 Jun, 2013 @ 11:57
- Austerity measures putting Spaniards’ lives at risk - 18 Jun, 2013 @ 11:46
- Rabies returns to Spain - 17 Jun, 2013 @ 14:02