A YOUNG child has been attacked by a man at a cinema in Rincon de la Victoria.
The seven-year-old boy suffered neck and head injuries after being thrown down the stairs while watching the movie Iron Man 3 at the cinema in the town’s commercial centre.
Guardia Civil are now investigating the incident after an eyewitness claimed to have seen a man ‘grab a child by the neck and throw him down the stairs of the hall during the screening’.
“We heard a thud and then saw the child run to hide crying,” added the witness.
The assault is said to have taken place when the boy left his seat to go to the toilet.
The child’s father reportedly squared up to the man, who was sitting a few rows behind. It is not known if they came to blows.
The boy was later taken to a local medical centre to be treated for bruising to his head and neck.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36