A DUTCH Olympic athlete and her boyfriend have gone missing in Spain.
Volleyball player, Ingrid Visser, 35, and her partner, Lodewijk Severein, were last seen in Murcia on May 13.
Police have found no trace of the pair following an appeal from worried family members and their luggage remains at the hotel they checked into.
The rental car hired by the couple has also gone missing.
Relatives became concerned after Visser failed to turn up to a hospital appointment in Spain.
Visser spent time playing for local club CAV Murcia between 2010 and 2012 before retiring from international volleyball last year.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36