NINETY people took part in a charity hike for the Arturo Darch children’s leukemia foundation, raising over €2700 with their efforts.
The hike, which included the option for more experienced participants of scaling the Marbella peak Cruz de Juanar, was intended to raise funds to develop the website of the foundation.
Nick Darch commented “This foundation has been set up in memory of my son Arturo who was a wonderfully kind hearted young man who would have loved to be involved in this great cause.
“I was amazed to see so many people bobbing up and down hills!
“The main function of the foundation is to get a help website set up for families who have a child with leukemia.
“They will be able to get help and useful and possibly lifesaving information when in hospital or in the recovery process,” he added.
The Foundation also thanked the event sponsors – Patricia Darch Interiors, Jan Steals, La Terrasse Brasserie, Ke Bar, Sotogrande SA, Romain Dominique Coiffeur, Marbella sponsor: XIIX films, and Dental Clinic Crooke Estepona.
The Foundation has a series of fund raising events planned this year, including a Black Tie Ball in Sotogrande on September 14.
- OPINION: Amid Champions League final ecstasy and agony, Brit fans in Madrid did us proud - 7 Jun, 2019 @ 14:48
- ON THE CHEAP The Germans in Madrid wishing for Champions League final success - 1 Jun, 2019 @ 14:31
- OPINION: Expats will make all the difference in tomorrow’s elections, both as candidates and in the polling booths - 25 May, 2019 @ 11:45
- IN PICS: This paradise retreat has won international acclaim and is just 15 minutes from Spain’s Costa del Sol (read for special Olive Press offer) - 17 May, 2019 @ 09:37
- EXCLUSIVE : Over 96% of Madrid’s hotels FULL as prices skyrocket to €26,000 for two nights on Champions League weekend - 11 May, 2019 @ 16:26
- Freddie Starr dies in Spain - 9 May, 2019 @ 23:50
- Madrid’s born-again Gran Hotel Ingles is the lap of Belle Epoque luxury, discovers Olive Press editor Jon Clarke - 5 May, 2019 @ 10:08
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00