A BRITISH-run hospice is hoping world-famous flamenco singer Estrella Morente (pictured) will become its charity patron.
Granada-based Acompalia approached the Spanish star after the high-profile position was turned down by Princess Letizia.
The charity is hoping to raise €1.5m to build a dedicated hospice in Motril.
It has already raised thousands this year with many more fundraising activities in the pipeline.
These include a wine tasting, an art exhibition, a golf tournament and even a pig roast.
The charity also hopes to continue to attract volunteer support and donations from individuals, groups and professional organisations throughout southern Spain.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36