THEY would be the biggest A-list Hollywood couple to visit the Costa del Sol for years.
But superstars Brad Pitt and his wife Angelina Jolie are rumoured to be attending the Spanish premier of his movie World War Z, set to take place in Marbella next month.
The blockbuster, which launched in the UK last week, is scheduled to be unveiled as part of the Starlite festival in July.
The premier will be one of the world’s first to take place ‘open air’ if, as planned, it is screened at the Marbella Auditorium, which is carved out of a quarry.
Sources at Starlite confirmed that the film would be receiving a red carpet Marbella premiere and hoped that Brad, 49, who lives in Europe with fellow actress wife Angelina Jolie, would ‘be attending’.
“We are in high level talks with his people, via Antonio Banderas, at present and hope that we can swing it. We are keeping our fingers crossed,” said the source.
“It would be amazing for the coast if they came.”
Brad has long been a fan of Spain, it can be revealed.
He actually honeymooned in Andalucia with his first wife Jennifer Aniston, staying at luxurious 5-star Hotel Bobadilla, near Granada.
In 2007, he and Angelina took a secret visit to vineyard/hotel Marques de Riscal, in Rioja, where they picked up tips for their recently launched first wine label from France.
The pair own a vineyard in the south of France Miraval, which in March produced its first 6,000 bottles of organic rosé.
Celeb spotters and the Starlite Festival organisers will be hoping that Brad raises a glass of something bubbly to toast his film in Marbella this summer.
- EXCLUSIVE: Family found dead in Mijas were killed ‘up to two days apart’ - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 23:13
- Costa del Sol journalist faces new sex charges - 26 Jun, 2013 @ 11:00
- Messi in tax mess - 26 Jun, 2013 @ 09:00
- Millions of moths descend on Madrid - 25 Jun, 2013 @ 09:30
- Newborn baby rescued from drain in Alicante - 24 Jun, 2013 @ 13:59
- ‘Syria jihadist suspects’ arrested in Ceuta - 21 Jun, 2013 @ 10:32
- Spanish economy making ‘strong progress’ - 20 Jun, 2013 @ 13:15
- VIDEO: Man tackles runaway bull on Malaga street - 19 Jun, 2013 @ 11:57
- Austerity measures putting Spaniards’ lives at risk - 18 Jun, 2013 @ 11:46
- Rabies returns to Spain - 17 Jun, 2013 @ 14:02