IN the quarterfinal round of the Wimbledon Championship yesterday, both remaining Spanish tennis players lost their respective matches.
David Ferrer lost in straight sets to Juan Martin del Potro of Argentina, and Fernando Verdasco was just nudged out by tournament No. 2 Andy Murray of Britain.
Del Potro has not lost a single set in the tournament so far.
British hopeful Murray, on the other hand, just barely beat out Verdasco in an exciting five-set match.
The semi-final round will be played on the afternoon of July 5.
- Leonardo DiCaprio flying high on vacation in Ibiza - 12 Aug, 2013 @ 09:14
- You CAN get sunburned while driving in the car… with the windows up! - 12 Aug, 2013 @ 09:01
- Delicious treats at half the calories - 11 Aug, 2013 @ 08:11
- Gay bars in Andalucia ban vodka - 10 Aug, 2013 @ 09:00
- Ne-Yo spotted all over Marbella - 9 Aug, 2013 @ 11:46
- Man arrested for filming nude sunbathers with a hidden camera - 8 Aug, 2013 @ 12:33
- Spanish paedophile re-arrested as he entered Spain - 7 Aug, 2013 @ 12:03
- Fishing dispute leads to the most draconian clampdown in recent Gibraltar history - 7 Aug, 2013 @ 11:08
- Eva Longoria hosts charity golf tournament in Marbella - 6 Aug, 2013 @ 15:08
- El Torcal is semi-finalist for top award of sites in Spain - 5 Aug, 2013 @ 15:48