THE Marbella expat community lost a hugely popular member with the sudden death of Books4Spain founder Rod Younger. Rod, 53, suffered a sudden massive heart attack at his Nueva Andalucia home.
Born in Spain but growing up in London, Rod descibed himself as “Anglo-Spanish” and being bi-lingual he was equally at home with both locals and expats.
This passion for Spanish culture – especially food, history and literature -found a natural voice in his newly-finished website books4spain, which specialised in Spanish books and had the motto “Passion for Spain”. Rod had also been one of the expert panel that helped picked the 100 most influential expats in Andalucia for a special edition of the Olive Press two years ago.
Rod’s funeral was held today (Friday, 5 July 2013) at the Cementario Virgin del Carmen on the Ojen road. Friends packed into the chapel with many standing outside to hear Rod’s sister deliver a moving eulogy.
Books4Spain later announced that it would keep the website operating as a fitting tribute to Rod.
- Loud and Clear: The Costa del Sol Boar Wars have begun says Giles Brown - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- PROTEST WITH NO BULL: Why new year is the perfect time to campaign for change on the Costa del Sol - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- Giles Brown is stuck in ‘festive no man’s land’ - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 09:00
- What NOT to do at your office Christmas party in Spain - 21 Dec, 2018 @ 12:00
- Guests got more than they bargained for at Gibraltar’s Fawlty Towers dinner - 24 Nov, 2018 @ 19:00
- EXCLUSIVE : the Olive Press has Breakfast with Berkoff - 10 Nov, 2018 @ 11:01
- When it rains… - 28 Oct, 2018 @ 12:24
- Watch out, there’s a new 80s revival in town, but don’t except big hair and shoulder pads - 30 Sep, 2018 @ 12:10
- We’ve survived another mad Marbella summer - 15 Sep, 2018 @ 12:00
- TRIBUTE: Remembering Costa del Sol legendary singer Mel Williams - 2 Sep, 2018 @ 16:00