ANDALUCIA’S most famous tennis star, Manolo Santana, will get married tonight in a secret wedding ceremony, The Olive Press can reveal.
The 75-year-old former world No. 1 is to marry Claudia Rodriguez, a Colombian woman 20 years his junior, ‘at a friend’s home in Nueva Andalucia’.
The small, intimate nuptials have been arranged at the last minute and guests were only given the actual address this morning.
The businessman, who organises the Madrid Masters and owns an exclusive tennis club in Marbella, had his original plans to marry at Wimbledon last month thwarted for legal reasons.
A source told the Olive Press this afternoon: “It is a small, intimate affair and guests were only given the address at the last minute. It’s been that secret.
“Manolo has had the press camped outside his house and his tennis club for a few days, so he knew this was the only way he’d be able to do it. It is all very exciting.”
Santana, originally from Madrid, famously once said that ‘grass is just for cows’, before going on to win it.
Ms. Rodriguez will be Santana’s fourth wife.
- Leonardo DiCaprio flying high on vacation in Ibiza - 12 Aug, 2013 @ 09:14
- You CAN get sunburned while driving in the car… with the windows up! - 12 Aug, 2013 @ 09:01
- Delicious treats at half the calories - 11 Aug, 2013 @ 08:11
- Gay bars in Andalucia ban vodka - 10 Aug, 2013 @ 09:00
- Ne-Yo spotted all over Marbella - 9 Aug, 2013 @ 11:46
- Man arrested for filming nude sunbathers with a hidden camera - 8 Aug, 2013 @ 12:33
- Spanish paedophile re-arrested as he entered Spain - 7 Aug, 2013 @ 12:03
- Fishing dispute leads to the most draconian clampdown in recent Gibraltar history - 7 Aug, 2013 @ 11:08
- Eva Longoria hosts charity golf tournament in Marbella - 6 Aug, 2013 @ 15:08
- El Torcal is semi-finalist for top award of sites in Spain - 5 Aug, 2013 @ 15:48