IN a burglary that has shocked and sickened Marbella’s expat population, thieves robbed Rod Younger’s house the day AFTER the popular local figure had died from a massive heart attack.
The owner of Books4Spain, Rod was widely known and respected for the online bookshop specialising in English language books about Spain or books set in Spain.
The heartless robbers made off with his computers, iPad, and other equipment. Previously troublesome neighbours, who left their house a couple of days after are the prime suspects.
Rod’s sister Christine, Alistair Spence Clarke and his team and Phil Robinson have been sorting through Rod’s paperwork and Campbell D Ferguson has appointed the administrator of Sol y Sombra Books SL, the company behind Books4Spain.
A final decision has yet to be made about Books4Spain but a friend commented “Rod had some great plans, but they needed him to carry them out. We’ve still got all our contributors, reviewers, etc, but they, like us have all been in limbo. There is nobody like Rod, but his passion is still alive. So, if there are any ideas on how we should progress his work, we’ll be pleased to consider them”.
- OSP is not just a political party, writes Giles Brown, who has slowly watched the decline of San Pedro - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 12:00
- Giles Brown thought he had left his brushes with the law back in the 1980s - 10 Mar, 2019 @ 10:31
- An idyllic cottage by the lake in Andalucia gave Giles Brown a bit more than he bargained for - 23 Feb, 2019 @ 09:30
- Loud and Clear: The Costa del Sol Boar Wars have begun says Giles Brown - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- PROTEST WITH NO BULL: Why new year is the perfect time to campaign for change on the Costa del Sol - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- Giles Brown is stuck in ‘festive no man’s land’ - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 09:00
- What NOT to do at your office Christmas party in Spain - 21 Dec, 2018 @ 12:00
- Guests got more than they bargained for at Gibraltar’s Fawlty Towers dinner - 24 Nov, 2018 @ 19:00
- EXCLUSIVE : the Olive Press has Breakfast with Berkoff - 10 Nov, 2018 @ 11:01
- When it rains… - 28 Oct, 2018 @ 12:24