TWO years ago, Sony dubbed the tiny village of Juzcar, in Malaga province, as ‘Smurf Town’ to promote the blockbuster American family comedy ‘The Smurfs.’
Tomorrow, the totally blue — and totally smurf — village will host a special premiere of the sequel movie ten days before it hits theatres nationwide.
Since 2011, the blue-washed pueblo of 240 residents has brought in more than 210,000 tourists to tour its streets and buy themed merchandise.
Before 2011, the village usually saw about 300 tourists visit per year.
The Tuesday, July 23 special showing of Smurfs 2 will draw celebrities like FC Barcelona footballer Andres Iniesta and former Miss Universe Eva Gonzalez.
The first movie brought in €560 million in ticket sales worldwide.
Britney Spears has written the theme tune to the film Ooh la la! The video features her and her kids in a cinema.
- Leonardo DiCaprio flying high on vacation in Ibiza - 12 Aug, 2013 @ 09:14
- You CAN get sunburned while driving in the car… with the windows up! - 12 Aug, 2013 @ 09:01
- Delicious treats at half the calories - 11 Aug, 2013 @ 08:11
- Gay bars in Andalucia ban vodka - 10 Aug, 2013 @ 09:00
- Ne-Yo spotted all over Marbella - 9 Aug, 2013 @ 11:46
- Man arrested for filming nude sunbathers with a hidden camera - 8 Aug, 2013 @ 12:33
- Spanish paedophile re-arrested as he entered Spain - 7 Aug, 2013 @ 12:03
- Fishing dispute leads to the most draconian clampdown in recent Gibraltar history - 7 Aug, 2013 @ 11:08
- Eva Longoria hosts charity golf tournament in Marbella - 6 Aug, 2013 @ 15:08
- El Torcal is semi-finalist for top award of sites in Spain - 5 Aug, 2013 @ 15:48