HOLIDAYMAKERS had a nasty wake up call this morning in Calahonda.
A FuengiTrans lorry, carrying a skip, crashed through a wall on Calle Golf and toppled into a homeowner’s garden.
Homeowner, Jacob Forrest, said, “At around 12, we heard an incredibly loud crash.” The lorry had gone over the wall and landed on Jacob’s rental car, and his father’s car.
The lorry driver, who had jumped clear, was walking around dazed. Jacob pulled him into the house and evacuated his family to the back garden – just before the first fuel tank exploded.
Three more explosions followed and the family, with the driver, went through their neighbours house and out to the front of the property – where they “were confronted with 60ft high flames”.
As the flames grew, the police moved onlookers away, for their safety.
It took firefighters an hour to extinguish the vehicles.
David Rowe, who was at the scene and took the picture said, “Luckily no one was injured.”
- VIDEO: Nightmare returns for illegal homeowners in Spain as Junta once again demolishes foreigners homes - 16 Oct, 2013 @ 08:00
- VIDEO: Two British-owned homes have been demolished in Spain and two more will come down this week - 15 Oct, 2013 @ 11:44
- Spanish name for Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez’s baby boy - 14 Oct, 2013 @ 12:13
- VIDEO: Metropolitan Police release new e-fits in connection with Maddie McCann disappearance - 14 Oct, 2013 @ 10:23
- Louis Vuitton collaborates with Spanish illustrator to create new shopping app ads - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 17:50
- Hilarious holiday complaints revealed by travel company - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 14:16
- Have Enrique Iglesias and Anna Kournikova broken up? - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 08:09
- Protesters strip naked to make a point against animal cruelty - 12 Oct, 2013 @ 14:11
- Spanish doctor ordered to pay up for mis-diagnosis of Wolf Man - 11 Oct, 2013 @ 06:00
- Three netball teams join to raise money for Macmillan Cancer - 9 Oct, 2013 @ 11:27