POLICE had to step in when the owner of Contrapunto, in Salobreña near Granada, Spain, offered his patrons the opportunity to win a one-night stand with a nude waitress.
Owner Miguel Angel Cortes, had mistakenly thought the idea of a naked raffle would encourage visitors to his bar.
Flyers were delivered throughout the town, but locals were so horrified that they called the police.
Cortes got off with a warning, and cancelled the competition, but his sexploits have not made him many friends in the apartment block above the bar.
María José García, equality councillor in Salobreña, has labelled the advertising campaign as “sexist and disrespectful towards women”.
She told the Spanish news service EFE, “It incites prostitution and views women as mere objects.”
- VIDEO: Nightmare returns for illegal homeowners in Spain as Junta once again demolishes foreigners homes - 16 Oct, 2013 @ 08:00
- VIDEO: Two British-owned homes have been demolished in Spain and two more will come down this week - 15 Oct, 2013 @ 11:44
- Spanish name for Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez’s baby boy - 14 Oct, 2013 @ 12:13
- VIDEO: Metropolitan Police release new e-fits in connection with Maddie McCann disappearance - 14 Oct, 2013 @ 10:23
- Louis Vuitton collaborates with Spanish illustrator to create new shopping app ads - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 17:50
- Hilarious holiday complaints revealed by travel company - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 14:16
- Have Enrique Iglesias and Anna Kournikova broken up? - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 08:09
- Protesters strip naked to make a point against animal cruelty - 12 Oct, 2013 @ 14:11
- Spanish doctor ordered to pay up for mis-diagnosis of Wolf Man - 11 Oct, 2013 @ 06:00
- Three netball teams join to raise money for Macmillan Cancer - 9 Oct, 2013 @ 11:27