THE Andalucian government is investing EUR403.8m in a new network of cycle paths across the region and the consolidation of the existing 3080km of cycle tourism paths.
Plan Andaluza de la Bicicleta will create 1064 urban and inter-urban cycle paths in the eight provincial capitals of Andalucia, while the existing tourist routes which currently use cattle trails and rural lanes will be consolidated and updated.
Around three-quarters of the capital invested will come from the regional government’s funds, with the remainder being funded by local councils, either in cash or through the income they generate by charging telephone operators and other services for use of the subsoil.
The project will be on public display until the end of September, and if approved work will begin next year.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40