THE debut novel from Marbella-based author Dick Barton is set for release in the US this autumn.
Madonna and The Pen is an intriguing ‘spiritual interpretation’ of an apparition of The Virgin Mary.
Glasgow-born writer Dick Barton (no connection to the celebrated ‘special agent’) admits the Holy Mother was the last thing he would’ve chosen to write about, and doesn’t describe himself as being religious.
“I didn’t write it on a PC, it was all by hand and I felt my hand was being guided by something else,” said Dick.
“It was a very weird feeling. Sometimes it would bring tears to my eyes, bring me to my knees – this was the strength of feeling I had.”
The book is a personal triumph for Dick who left school at 15 with no qualifications. Following the success of the book in the UK, Dick was thrilled to hear that Barnes & Noble, the largest book retailer in America are to stock the novel.
“There has also been interest in making a film of the book, and producers at have told me it will make a great movie” said Dick.
- LOOK OF LUX: Giles Brown is an expert at picking out a face in a crowd, even in Spain’s Malaga Airport - 20 Jul, 2019 @ 17:03
- Giles Brown is more Christopher Biggins than Christopher Reeve as he learns to fly in southern Spain - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 16:08
- OPEN SEASON: Giles Brown puts up many a guest at his place, but draws the line at garden yurts - 22 Jun, 2019 @ 10:30
- TROLL TROUBLE: Giles Brown is used to insults flying his way, but troll his family and that’s a different matter - 8 Jun, 2019 @ 11:36
- I have never felt more proud of my Burlesque-dancing goddaughter, writes Giles Brown - 25 May, 2019 @ 09:30
- Summer on the Costa del Sol may have to be spent indoors to avoid beach hut blazes and killer bacteria, writes Giles Brown - 12 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- OSP is not just a political party, writes Giles Brown, who has slowly watched the decline of San Pedro - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 12:00
- Giles Brown thought he had left his brushes with the law back in the 1980s - 10 Mar, 2019 @ 10:31
- An idyllic cottage by the lake in Andalucia gave Giles Brown a bit more than he bargained for - 23 Feb, 2019 @ 09:30
- Loud and Clear: The Costa del Sol Boar Wars have begun says Giles Brown - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00