THE debut novel from Marbella-based author Dick Barton is set for release in the US this autumn.
Madonna and The Pen is an intriguing ‘spiritual interpretation’ of an apparition of The Virgin Mary.
Glasgow-born writer Dick Barton (no connection to the celebrated ‘special agent’) admits the Holy Mother was the last thing he would’ve chosen to write about, and doesn’t describe himself as being religious.
“I didn’t write it on a PC, it was all by hand and I felt my hand was being guided by something else,” said Dick.
“It was a very weird feeling. Sometimes it would bring tears to my eyes, bring me to my knees – this was the strength of feeling I had.”
The book is a personal triumph for Dick who left school at 15 with no qualifications. Following the success of the book in the UK, Dick was thrilled to hear that Barnes & Noble, the largest book retailer in America are to stock the novel.
“There has also been interest in making a film of the book, and producers at have told me it will make a great movie” said Dick.
- Loud and Clear: The Costa del Sol Boar Wars have begun says Giles Brown - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- PROTEST WITH NO BULL: Why new year is the perfect time to campaign for change on the Costa del Sol - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- Giles Brown is stuck in ‘festive no man’s land’ - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 09:00
- What NOT to do at your office Christmas party in Spain - 21 Dec, 2018 @ 12:00
- Guests got more than they bargained for at Gibraltar’s Fawlty Towers dinner - 24 Nov, 2018 @ 19:00
- EXCLUSIVE : the Olive Press has Breakfast with Berkoff - 10 Nov, 2018 @ 11:01
- When it rains… - 28 Oct, 2018 @ 12:24
- Watch out, there’s a new 80s revival in town, but don’t except big hair and shoulder pads - 30 Sep, 2018 @ 12:10
- We’ve survived another mad Marbella summer - 15 Sep, 2018 @ 12:00
- TRIBUTE: Remembering Costa del Sol legendary singer Mel Williams - 2 Sep, 2018 @ 16:00