A MAN has been arrested in Malaga on suspicion of killing his partner and their five year old son.
The 36-year-old, who cannot be named for legal reasons, fled the scene in the La Luz district of the city but was later arrested by police on the motorway.
The bodies of the victims were found in the family home, and the results of the autopsy revealed both were asphyxiated.
The woman had knife wounds on her hand and the back of her head, thought to be the sign of a struggle.
The suspect, who has a criminal record, has been detained. National police say there was no sign of domestic violence at the home, although neighbours said the man had a drug problem and had been affronted when the girl called time on their relationship several weeks earlier.
He was arrested on the motorway after being pulled over by the Guardia Civil for not wearing a seat belt. They fined him, but before he could leave the local police had tracked him down and made the arrest in relation to the murders.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40