OPTIMISM among Spanish business owners is at its highest level since April 2010.
Panellists surveyed for the monthly Purchasing Manager’s Index (PMI) expect a slow but steady improvement in economic conditions over the coming year.
The PMI for September also showed a marginal increase in employment, as the post and telecommunications sector reported a boost in staffing levels.
The news comes despite a marginal decline in services activity in September, and a further decrease in output prices due to tougher competition from abroad.
Andrew Harker, an author of the report, said: “The Spanish service sector failed to show much sign of recovery during September, but companies are at their most optimistic about the future for nearly three and a half years, suggesting service providers are seeing some light at the end of the tunnel.”
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40