A COSTA del Sol hotel has been voted the best in Spain.
Villa Padierna Palace claimed the gong at the International Hotel Awards.
The five-star resort, in Marbella, is best known for hosting Michelle Obama during her high-profile visit to Spain in 2010.
The accolade means the hotel is in contention to be crowned Best Hotel in Europe.
The winner of which will be announced at an awards ceremony in London next month.
Earlier this year the hotel scooped a string of other awards at the Star Global Luxury Awards.
It crowns a good year for Marbella as a whole, after it was recently voted the third most popular destination for luxury tourism in Spain.
Barcelona and Madrid claimed the first two places.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40