MADRID is cracking down on the poor in its city centre – by fining them.
The council will be handing out fines of up to €750 for activities including begging, reading tarot cards and performing acrobatics with a bike.
The clampdown will also apply to protestors setting up long-term camps in Puerta del Sol, making it much more difficult to repeat the 15-M protests which took place there in 2011.
Last year the council added a levy to choosing plastic at the till and gambling, as well as fining anyone who rode a skateboard, let off fireworks, drank or offered massages in the city centre.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40