MICHAEL SOUTER has been found guilty of a series of sex offences against seven young boys.
The 60-year-old journalist, who lived on the Costa del Sol until recently, was convincted on a total 26 charges and cleared of one.
He was also found guilty of further counts of making and posessing indecent images.
Jurors have not reached a verdict on one count of indecent assault.
During the five week trial the court heard how Souter took advantage of his status as a local celebrity to abuse society’s most vulnerable.
The former Scout leader was described by the prosecution as a “sexual deviant” who was obsessed with young boys in shorts and uniform.
Norfolk Police confirmed a live enquiry was continuing into outstanding claims against Souter.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40