A BRITISH man has appeared before a Orgiva court following accusations he stole post from a neighbour.
Edwin Charles is said to have kept post mistakenly delivered to his address following the arrival of new post woman who was unfamiliar with the neighbourhood.
Welsh ex-pat David Thomas alleges he saw Charles stealing his post.
Mr Thomas said: “I was waiting for a parcel containing my pet’s passport and some money, as well as some letters.”
When he made inquiries about the whereabouts of his parcel, he was told by neighbours Edwin Charles had been receiving his post.
“I knew of him, since he has been living here for years, although I don’t want to be involved with Brits. They usually cause too many problems,” he said.
But when a Spanish neighbour told him that she had seen the man dumping all his mail through the window of an abandoned house, Mr Thomas decided to investigate further.
He found some post, but the bulky parcel was nowhere to be seen.
When Mr. Thomas confronted the alleged thief, he repeatedly denied he had taken anything, before finally admitted the truth, claiming he was unaware of Mr Thomas’s address.
Mr. Thomas said: “I worked for the post offices in the UK for 30 years and I never faced a situation like this.”
The court is expected to reach a verdict on the case soon.
- Skyfall! - 3 Jan, 2014 @ 11:32
- Free-range foie gras - 31 Dec, 2013 @ 10:30
- Careless talk costs car driver - 31 Dec, 2013 @ 08:30
- Nothing to grouse about! - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 18:30
- Guess who’s coming to dinner? - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 14:30
- OLIVE PRESS APPEAL: Surfing and salvation - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 10:57
- Fruit flop - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 10:30
- Spain is a sex-pot hotspot - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 08:30
- A tale of pain and passion in the palace - 29 Dec, 2013 @ 15:30
- Watching the birdies! - 29 Dec, 2013 @ 14:30