SPAIN could overtake Italy as the EU’s second largest exporter of food and drink by the end of the decade.
The Spanish Food and Drink Industry Federation (FIAB) said the country registered the highest increase in food and beverage exports of any EU member state, with a growth of 9.4% in 2012.
It is currently the third largest exporter, with France in the top spot.
Spain’s food and drink industry is the largest single industrial sector in the country, employing more than 440,000 people.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40