TOP chef Juan Maria Arzak took time out from a recent holiday in Marbella to meet with mayor Angeles Munoz.
Munoz said it was an important day for the town to have one of the greats of Spanish gastronomy visiting.
The mayor said that the town had always aimed for “…excellence and quality – two of the words that describe Juan Maria Arzak perfectly.”
After signing Marbella’s Book of Honour, Arzak told town hall guests that he had been coming to Marbella for 30 years.
He also revealed that he was considering buying a house here, so that he could see his friends Dani Garcia and Santiago Dominguez.
“Marbella is a place that if you come to when you are feeling sad, makes you happy.” the Basque chef said.
“So I want to come here more and more!”
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40