A 224-BEDROOMED Marriott Hotel, together with apartments and an office development may be built in Gibraltar.
Squarestone Gibraltar Limited is hoping to get the go-ahead at the next DPC meeting on December 17.
The company has applied for outline planning consent for the hotel, which will consist of a Marriott Hotel, and Residence Inn serviced apartments.
Alongside the hotel – which will be built on the site of the old Royal Gibraltar Yacht Club – the company has also applied to build a high-quality office development.
Squarestone’s joint founder Robert Sloss said: “This is a large and exciting project for Gibraltar. Not only will we bring in a much needed branded hotel to Gibraltar, we will also build some 7,600m2 of top quality office space in the heart of town.”
He added: “We have consulted widely on the needs of Gibraltar with local Government, stakeholders and interested parties. We have been very encouraged by the enormous enthusiasm the project has generated.”
- Skyfall! - 3 Jan, 2014 @ 11:32
- Free-range foie gras - 31 Dec, 2013 @ 10:30
- Careless talk costs car driver - 31 Dec, 2013 @ 08:30
- Nothing to grouse about! - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 18:30
- Guess who’s coming to dinner? - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 14:30
- OLIVE PRESS APPEAL: Surfing and salvation - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 10:57
- Fruit flop - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 10:30
- Spain is a sex-pot hotspot - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 08:30
- A tale of pain and passion in the palace - 29 Dec, 2013 @ 15:30
- Watching the birdies! - 29 Dec, 2013 @ 14:30