A BARCELONA brewery has partnered with a US microbrewery in a bid to combine their expertise.
Under the agreement, Due South Brewing founder and head brewer Mike Halker will move to Spain next month to brew two different styles of beer at the Edge Brewing HQ.
Besides the production of new beers, other plans in the deal include introducing locals to Due South’s beers and beer dinners.
Then, Halker will return to Spain for the release of the new beers in early March.
Halker said the collaboration indicates the beginning of a cultural shift in Spain, a country known more for its wine than its beer.
“The American craft beer movement is gaining popularity in Europe and Due South Brewing Co. is thrilled to help expose the people of Spain to the plethora of flavour possibilities when it comes to designing unique beers,” he said.
- Witnesses describe ‘bloodbath’ after British soldier ‘glassed by her pal’ in Mallorca club - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 10:45
- La La lovin’ it! New organic olive oil ‘experience’ in Ronda - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:27
- The Cat’s Whiskers: Is Sierra de Gata Spain’s most delightful region? - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 10:00
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00