THE centre of Estepona is set to receive a grand make-over, as three separate companies vie for the €30 million construction project.
Following two failed attempts to find investment, the overhaul of the grand boulevard now finally appears to be happening.
A 4-star hotel with 150 rooms will be built close to the beach, with a leisure zone comprising a shopping centre and cinema behind it. There will also be 100 parking spaces made available for those living nearby.
Councillor Ana Velasco has stated that local residents will be given priority for jobs upon completion of the project, which should be around October 2016.
Work is set to begin this summer at the earliest.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44