WHISTLE DOWN THE WIND is to have its Spanish premier in Fuengirola.
The Andrew Lloyd Webber classic, which has been performed over a thousand times in London’s West End, will run from March 21 until March 30 at the Salon Varieties Theatre.
The story follows the lives of three Lancashire children who discover a fugitive hiding in their barn.
The bearded man, referred to as Blakey by the police, is mistaken for Jesus Christ by the children.
Blakey makes no attempt to rectify the mistake when he discovers the children are determined to protect him from discovery. The children’s world of fantasy collides with the adult world of reality, new values versus old values.
The Fuengirola production boasts a cast of 45, and is directed by Peter Mitchell.
Local cabaret star Ricky Lavazza takes on the lead role of Alan Bates, in his debut theatre performance.
The Salon Varieties Theatre has recently upgraded its sound and lighting equipment, and audiences can expect a spectacular show with dramatic lighting effects and surround sound.
Evening performances start at 8, except on Sunday when they are at 7.
Tickets can be bought from the box office, on 952 47 45 42, or online at www.salonvarietestheatre.com
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40