THE Chief Secretary to the Treasury and Cabinet member Danny Alexander MP will visit Gibraltar this week.
During his visit he will meet with the Chief Minister Fabian Picardo and the Deputy Chief Minister Dr Joseph Garcia.
Mr Alexander will deliver a keynote address on Europe Day to members of the business community, the finance centre and others at a reception which will be hosted by the Government as well as accompany the Chief Minister at the start of the Commonwealth Baton Relay on Friday.
Commenting on the visit, the Chief Minister Fabian Picardo said: “I will be pleased to welcome Danny Alexander to Gibraltar. He is a senior member of the United Kingdom Government and HM Government of Gibraltar is delighted that he has found the time to be here with us.”
- TROLL TROUBLE: Giles Brown is used to insults flying his way, but troll his family and that’s a different matter - 8 Jun, 2019 @ 11:36
- I have never felt more proud of my Burlesque-dancing goddaughter, writes Giles Brown - 25 May, 2019 @ 09:30
- Summer on the Costa del Sol may have to be spent indoors to avoid beach hut blazes and killer bacteria, writes Giles Brown - 12 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- OSP is not just a political party, writes Giles Brown, who has slowly watched the decline of San Pedro - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 12:00
- Giles Brown thought he had left his brushes with the law back in the 1980s - 10 Mar, 2019 @ 10:31
- An idyllic cottage by the lake in Andalucia gave Giles Brown a bit more than he bargained for - 23 Feb, 2019 @ 09:30
- Loud and Clear: The Costa del Sol Boar Wars have begun says Giles Brown - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 12:00
- PROTEST WITH NO BULL: Why new year is the perfect time to campaign for change on the Costa del Sol - 19 Jan, 2019 @ 13:00
- Giles Brown is stuck in ‘festive no man’s land’ - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 09:00
- What NOT to do at your office Christmas party in Spain - 21 Dec, 2018 @ 12:00