MALAGA CF have allegedly convinced West Bromwich Albion manager Pepe Mel to swap Birmingham for the Costa del Sol and become their new boss next season.
With current manager Bernd Schuster expected to leave the club to manage in his native Germany with Eintracht Frankfurt, the door is open for Mel.
The former Real Betis boss signed an 18-month contract with West Brom when he took over mid-season with the sole aim of avoiding relegation, which they have narrowly accomplished.
But with just three wins since January, officials at the Midlands club are set to hold talks with Mel regarding a release clause in his contract allowing him to leave this summer.
The 51-year-old has struggled to make his mark in England, using a translator to talk to the press and his players.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44