A FOOTBALL team bus crash has tragically killed five children between 12 and 15 years old.
The bus, carrying 15 youths and five adults, was taking the football team home after a match late last night.
It crashed into a farm vehicle and overturned near the town of Castuera in Badajoz, while returning the football team to the town of Monterrubio de la Serena.
A further 12 people were injured, according to a statement released by the regional government of Extremadura.
The government has declared three days of mourning.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05