MORE Spaniards are buying new cars this year, according to manufacturers’ association Anfac.
Data shows that sales of new cars in Spain rose by 28.7% last month, compared to April 2013.
This is the eighth straight month of increased sales, taking the total cars sold in April to 80,174.
Sales have been boosted by a government subsidy scheme, giving buyers of new cars a rebate for trading in their old vehicles.
In total, the first four months of 2014 saw a rise of 16.2%, compared to the same period last year.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44