PREMIERSHIP footballers have been flocking to Marbella for some much-needed sun, sea and relaxation following the end of the season.
Celebrity hotspot La Sala, in Puerto Banus, has so far played host to the likes of Hull City striker Shane Long, who made his mark playing for Reading, West Bromwich Albion’s Liam Ridgewell and Norwich goalkeeper Mark Bunn.
The classy spot, which has been the setting of several TV shows and documentaries, also received a visit from Malaga CF forward Roque Santa Cruz, who previously played for both Blackburn Rovers and Manchester City in the premier league.
Another footballer David Bentley, who is actually a part-owner of La Sala, joined the recent influx of stars for dinner.
In recent years La Sala has become the destination of choice for top footballers, welcoming Chelsea left back Ashley Cole and England international Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain through its doors.
But it’s not just sportsmen who enjoy a night out at La Sala, Sir Alan Sugar, chef Jamie Oliver and even Prince Albert of Monaco have been spotted inside.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44