CLASSIC car fans are in for a treat as the first Marbella Classic Grand Prix is set to take place on June 8.
Organised by the founders of the Hungarian Oldtimer-Supercup in association with the Marbella Town Hall, the one day event for classic, road-legal cars produced before December 31 1980 will be a highlight of the annual Marbella Luxury Weekend.
Pedestrians shouldn’t panic, however. The Marbella Classic Grand Prix won’t see cars tearing around the streets of Puerto Banus.
Instead, the event is a test of timing and skill with just 50 classic cars such as Ferraris, Mercedes, and Austin Healeys taking part. The winning team will receive their trophy at a prize-giving ceremony and gala dinner.
Organisers Attila Hegyi and Zoltan Petervari said: “We are delighted to have the support of Marbella Town Hall in making the first edition of this race a reality and allowing us to show off this beautiful city and its surroundings to classic car enthusiasts from around Europe.”
- For more information go to: http://www.marbellaclassicgrandprix.es/
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44