ALMOST a quarter of Spanish diners are skipping dessert and coffee when eating out, in a bid to cut their bill and save money.
It is not calories on their mind though, but saving cash as a further 35% are opting for cheaper restaurants, according to marketing consultants Nielsen.
Another 40% admitted to sticking to the menu of the day, where they may have eaten ‘a la carte’ in the past.
An overwhelming 90% claimed to be ‘hypersensitive’ regarding the price of their meal out.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05