SAN Pedro’s renaissance is almost complete.
The remodelling and regeneration of the town, that has taken over a decade and included underground parking and a new tunnel, is now in its final phase.
The creation of the tunnel has created a large new green zone running through the centre of San Pedro.
The new boulevard will feature a park, sports facilities, an auditorium, sheltered walkways and cafes. And last week, Mayor Angeles Munoz also announced that the boulevard would feature a skatepark for ‘skaters, rollerbladers and bikers’, close to the new bus terminal.
Munoz commented that: “The objective of the park is to create a green space at the entrance to San Pedro.”
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44