POLICE investigating the disappearance of Maddie McCann will interview eight potential suspects in Portugal.
The ‘persons of interest’ identified by Scotland Yard include three convicted drug-dealers, thought to have been involved in burglaries in the Praia da Luz area in the days before Maddie disappeared.
Phone records show the three made numerous phone calls to each other in the hours after she went missing, in May 2007.
Meanwhile, police have finished their first search of an area of scrubland in the Praia da Luz, in an excavation of three key sites in the Algarve holiday resort.
Forensic teams will now move on to the two other sites, after halting the operation for two days for a Portuguese national holiday.
The excavation is said to be ‘encouraging’.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05