A SPANISH plane has crashed at a military air-base near Sevilla, killing the pilot.
The air force captain was the only person on board the Eurofighter jet as it returned to the Moron de la Frontera base around 2pm, before smashing into the runway.
“A Eurofighter has crashed on landing on the runway of the Moron base,” confirmed a defence ministry spokeswoman.
The cause of the accident is still unknown.
The plane was reportedly taking part in a routine exercise.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44