IT’S all over for Spain’s title defence as they lose 2-0 to Chile in the 2014 FIFA Word Cup Group B match at the Estádio Maracanã, Rio de Janeiro in Brazil.
After Spain’s humiliating 5-1 defeat by Holland in their opening Group B game, they were beaten again by a well-organised Chile team.
Eduardo Vargas’ goal gave Chile a surprise lead after just 19 minutes. And Charles Aranguiz made it 2-0 after 42 minutes.
Chile have never beaten Spain in their ten previous encounters.
Just a couple of weeks ago Spain were people’s favourites to retain their crown and lift the World Cup once again.
More to follow…
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33